The medical stockings or elastic bandage compress the leg, thus removing the dilation of the veins, by helping them to empty themselves upwards. It is a little as when one puts the legs in the air.
- Without risks
one pricks a vein with a very small needle, to inject a “sclerosing” product there. This product causes the retraction of the vein and its disappearance.
- Outpatient treatment
- Treats the small varicose veins
- Little risk
- Variable results, sometimes post-sclerosis spots or blemishes
- To be repeated
- Does not treat the big varicose veins
One withdraws the saphenous vein using a guide (gesture called “stripping”). The varicose veins developed on the branches of the saphenous vein are also withdrawn (gesture called “phlebectomies”).
- Old: proved as reliable
- Well known by may surgeons
- Important anaesthesia
- Haematomas and pains
- Postoperative disconfort
- Prolonged out of work time